Longer nights and shorter days can only mean one thing; The holiday shopping period is starting. This time every year businesses all over the world will be taking part in one of the biggest retail events of the year – Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Black Friday is coming up soon and it’s the perfect way to increase your sales despite the global pandemic of COVID-19 trying to hold us back.
What is Black Friday? Black Friday is an informal name for Friday following the United States Holiday Thanksgiving. For a while now lots of stores use this event to boost sales as many people love to see new and exciting deals all year round but especially since it’s coming up to Christmas soon. Did you know Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the whole year? It’s predicted to be even bigger than ever since the start of the lockdowns.
What is Cyber Monday? Cyber Monday also is known as Blue Monday is the marketing term for the Monday after Thanksgiving. Cyber Monday is essentially the Black Friday of online shopping.
How can I prepare my business?
Firstly, how does your website look?
- Make sure your website is updated with all the latest news and details about your products – The customers and potential buyers need to be able to see what’s fully on offer before they spend their money.
- Do you have an engaging product description? Along with the details you need to be including words that you think that will stand out to your audience and pull them in.
- Are your images of the highest quality? A customer can’t see what they could be buying if there’s 1 pixel – Make sure to have invested in good quality photography products to capture your product well in a still image.
- Is your website mobile friendly? This can be a make it or break it for some potential customers.
- Lastly, is your page fully functional? Having pages that won’t work properly can be the make it or break it for your sale.
Is your website prepared?
Be prepared to have increased traffic! During this time a lot of businesses prefer to span their deals over a week instead of just one day which helps decrease the chances of your website crashing hugely. No website running = no sales.
Are your staff ready?
Be sure to have a decent amount of staff on hand ready for everything. Most importantly making sure they’re supported physically and mentally to take on the stress of big events such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday because at the end of the day we’re all humans – Unhappy staff feeling under-appreciated could be your downfall if not taken seriously.
How’s your social media game?
We have an article covering the importance of social media in sales and revenue increase – Click here.
Long story short – Social Media will be your godsent during this time and because everyone is online shopping using your social media effectively will draw in a larger amount of people to increase your potential buyers.
If your social media game isn’t on point we hope your email marketing game is better. During the run-up to Black Friday, you’re bound to see an increase of email-exclusive deals from all brands. How can I make mine stand out from the crowd? Here are a few tips:
- Simple and engaging logo – Get potential buyers’ attention from the second they open the email.
- Do you have a sense of FOMO(fear-of-missing-out)? Countdown timers and limited-time codes are key.
- Reward and loyalty schemes are great ways to get returning customers.
Social Media is a great free way of promoting your products and your Black Friday Sales, don’t underestimate the power of paid ads. The algorithms on social media platforms now have made it a lot more difficult to get reach on some posts so unless you have a viral post it’s hard to get noticed without proper planning and guidance by professionals.
Here at Digital Planet London, we have created an article giving you strategies on how to generate quality leads from Facebook for FREE – Click here
Most importantly, Good Luck, Stay Safe and Have Fun
Need help getting started with any of these ideas? Contact our team at Digital Planet London and we’ll be happy to help you make the most out of your Black Friday 2020