With Christmas coming up sooner than later it’s important to have the best quality marketing possible to drive your sales.
Did you know that 38% of buyers start their holiday shop during October?
To help you with this, here at Digital Planet London we have compiled some ideas and information to help you.
How can I increase sales this Christmas?
First things first, it’s important to define your goals and set up your plan. Having your goals written down can help drive you. What are your ideal sale stats? Write them down so they’re easier to reference at a later date.
How is your packaging? Switch up your usual with more festive packaging.
Is your website updated? Make sure your site is updated with all the new deals, promotions, and relevant contact information. During this season they’ll be a lot of traffic to make sure your available to answer any questions potential buyers may have.
Keep your most popular items stocked up – If you sell out and the word gets around your potential buyers will start to look elsewhere for that product meaning you’ll be losing out on a profit.
How’s your social media game? We have another blog article here on Digital Planet London which goes through the importance of Social Media Marketing. Check it out to learn more.
Here are some other ideas:
- Offer gift certificates – For those who don’t know what gift to get for their loved ones a gift certificate or gift card is always a safe bet.
- Run a promotion – Buy one get one free? Everyone loves a good deal!
- Offer gift wrapping – Some may not have time to wrap their gifts and a gift-wrapping service could be a live saver!
- Pre-Christmas discounts
- Offer free delivery – A lot of people won’t bother to browse some sites if there’s no free delivery offered. Free delivery over a certain spend is a good way to go!
- Drive more sales through emails – An eye-catching email with relevant information and good deals will increase potential buyers.
- Create a sense of urgency
Gift Cards and Certificates
Encourage the purchase of Gift cards!
Gift cards are an extremely popular purchase coming close to the holiday season. A great thing about gift cards is that you can promote them even after the Christmas period and that you can have them valued at a variety of different amounts.
Not only you can offer the certificate as a physical product you can also have e-gift cards which are becoming more popular.
Promotions and Pre-Christmas discounts
Offering promotions and discounts is a great way to increase your sales. For example, would you rather pay full price for one product or half the price for two products? Deals deals deals! Put yourself in your customer’s shoes, what would you like to see?
A gift-wrapping service is bound to increase the customer’s experience. Why wrap your own gift when you can pay an extra amount and get it done for you? For another small extra, you can add your own personalized message to make it even more special.
Having free delivery gives the illusion of getting a better deal. Offering free delivery over a certain amount is even better! – It will make your customers buy more and increase your revenue.
Sales through emails
How can I increase my business’s sales through emails?
Key components of a good sales email:
- A popping subject line – If it doesn’t stand out your email will likely be ignored. Engage your audience with the first glace.
- Suitable opening lines – You don’t need to use sir/madame! Think about who you’re addressing your email to. Are you on a first-name basis?
- Delivering your pitch – Are you conveying the information that is needed in your email? What is the aim of this email? Don’t drag but keep the content interesting and informative.
- Closing statement – Have you achieved what you intended to with your email? If your potential buyer has been left with thoughts of your business and your product you’re on the right path.
Creating a sense of urgency
Ideas on how to create a sense of urgency:
- Make it personal
- Offer something the people want
- Use FOMO (fear of missing out)
- Set a deadline or countdown
- Use the right words – Such as now, limited time, clearance, hurry, and don’t miss out.
- Bonus incentives
- Use numbers and statistics
- Keep the pressure until the very end
Overall these ideas and methods will help you pump out more sales during this holiday period, a little bit of everything goes a long way. These tips are also very helpful outside of the holidays.
If you have any questions or require any assistance, please feel free to contact us at Digital Planet London where we are happy to help. We offer a variety of services such as email marketing, social media marketing, and search engine optimization – Check us out.
Stay safe, have fun, and enjoy.