So, what is Omnichannel Marketing?
Omnichannel Marketing is the theory and practice of using all your channels and media to create a unified and seamless experience.
The difference Multi-Channel and Omnichannel Marketing
Both slightly similar but hit different key points. Multi-Channel focuses on the number of channels, consistency, and effort whereas Omnichannel focuses on the customer, engagement, and an effortless process.
What are the benefits?
There are loads of benefits to Omnichannel Marketing and very little disadvantages:
- Improved Customer Experience
- Improved Customer Loyalty
- Improved Brand Recall
- Detailed Review on Revenue Increase
Examples of Omnichannel Marketing from brands:
- Starbucks – Starbucks use their app to combine all their features – Location settings, loyalty card, payment options, and menu all in one place. This combination of online and in-person marketing pushes sales and creates relations.
- Disney – They created a “magic band” which can be used at their parks – What is it? You can use the band to unlock the hotel room door, board shuttles, handle on-site purchases without the use of cash and even check in on attractions. The all in one device makes it easier for the user to be monitored to cater services especially for them.
- Amazon – Amazon has a variety of different methods to collect user data to customize recommendations across platforms. From online selection to the in-store collection along with devices accessible for most audiences Amazon hits the spot.
Examples of Omnichannel Marketing:
- Online messages while the customer is in the store informing them about the latest sales and promotions
- Emailing the customer if they leave an item in the cart
- Targeted ADs for products viewed or abandoned in the cart
The Customer Experience
Things to keep in mind:
- Progressive disclosure
- Multi-screen UI’s
- Responsive/Adaptive Design
One of the main focuses of Omnichannel Marketing is to engage with the customer and increase the overall user experience on each and every channel. Many companies have claimed that a well thought out Omnichannel Marketing plan increases customer retention drastically compared to those without. Building a strong relationship with the customer is key for a long-lasting and thriving business.
- Ambient data
- Social Media
- Micro conversions
- Internet of things
- Data integrity
Adaptive Content into Omnichannel
- Wearable Devices
- Departmental integration
- Branding integrity
Engagement and Consistency
Having consistent posts across platforms gives the audience a sense of familiarity, as well as a clean look on every account – A desktop user on FaceBook, shouldn’t be having a different experience for the same product for a mobile user on Instagram. Consistency looks very professional and can lead to success.
How can I create a successful Omnichannel Marketing Strategy?
- The Planning Stage – First things first you need to put yourself in the shoes of your audience. What would you like to see? What looks appealing, professional, and familiar to you? What platforms are you using? All your points need to align for a consistent and quality user experience otherwise the strategy falls apart.
- Learning about your customers – So, who do you want to be viewing this content? Learning about your customers’ needs, behaviour, goals, and preferences will be vital in customizing a personal experience. In order to track this, you may need to use third-party software to give you the data and information you’ll be needing. Once you have this it’ll become easier to approach your audience with appropriate marketing.
- Getting in touch – Using the right tools to connect is important and can take time to find one that works well for you and your company.
- Categorize your users – Developing a categorized database for customers and their buy personas and paths to purchase can be useful for a re-marketing process.
- Personalization – Personalization is what’ll drive everything forward, and creating that 1:1 aspect is key. The 1:1 will improve the user experience, drive revenue, and increase brand loyalty as well as consistency.
Want to take it to the next step and learn more from professionals?
Contact Us at Digital Planet London where we’ll be more than happy to help.
+44 (0) 20 8617 9588 ( UK )
+880 1712646776 ( BD )