With 2021 being an uncertain territory like 2020 this article measures the top industries based on growth. These results are in no particular order.
- Safety equipment and supplies wholesalers – The early stages of the pandemic have left many nervous and panic buying which left the local supermarkets out of regular cleaning supplies and masks and even toilet paper. The safety equipment industry has hit an all-time high with many people looking for extra ways to protect themselves during the pandemic.
- Online food ordering and delivery in the UK – With everyone being asked to stay at home as much as possible the growth in food ordering sites has increased over double than before the unfortunate event of the pandemic. Ordering food is the easier alternative than opposed to cooking in some cases and working at home presenting pressure to be able to complete enough work in your own space reduces the motivation of home cooking if time isn’t managed properly.
- Online greeting card retailers and suppliers – The pandemic have left people stuck at home without much communication and sending a greeting card or a message has become the next best option. Purchasing greeting cards online is arguably much safer than walking into a store during a pandemic.
- E-Commerce and online auctions – Online auctions are the safest way to bid on items, properties, and whatnot during the pandemic. In-person auctions have been highly discouraged due to safety concerns and with many platforms that offer online auctions, it makes this a lot easier.
- Audiobook publishing – Audiobooks have risen in popularity over the last few years as it provides a great book/reading experience for those who are unable to have the time to read plus it’s a relaxing way to infuse pleasure alongside work if needed.
- CRM systems providers – The CRM system providers sell programs and software which is important in creating a management strategy for customer and client interactions as well as sales prospects and with the increase of online businesses and services during 2020 this industry is growing alongside it.
- Language learning software developers – Unfortunately, this pandemic has left many without jobs leaving a lot of empty and free time. Learning a new language has become increasingly popular as people are trying to find something productive to learn during their free time as it can relieve some of the stress caused by the events happening around the world. Despite the negatives, this has become a positive for language learning software developers as the need for good and reliable language learning resources has increased.
- Respiratory protection equipment – The need for this equipment has risen rapidly during the pandemic as it’s vital in hospitals at the moment as COVID-19 hits very hard on the respiratory system. Unfortunately, if this equipment wasn’t readily available it’ll impact hospitals drastically.
Are you interested in growing your business within the industry? Contact us here at Digital Planet London where we have many years of experience and we’re happy to assist you in helping you grow.
+44 (0) 20 8617 9588 ( UK )