Are you interested in learning about what makes a good website? Here is a short guide for you that’ll spark your imagination.
- Does your website show a clear intent? What is the purpose of the website and what is it trying to achieve? And do you know what your target audience is? Being able to cater your website to your goals and plans is a great start in creating an effective website.
- Is your website technically correct? Having errors on the technical end is one of the worst things as it shows unprofessionalism. Having a website that loads fast all over the world is great for any website. No popular and top websites have huge amounts of errors remember to keep that in mind.
- Is your website safe? If Google deems a website safe it’ll display a padlock in the top right of the URL bar and if it doesn’t display it the likelihood of it being unsafe is increased. Having a safe website is immensely important and if the website is unsafe it has a higher chance of getting hacked alongside leaving sensitive information vulnerable.
- How’s your website design looking? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it’s important that your design looks clear and reflects the brand well. The user experience is important and accessibility is vital. Having a nice looking website is one thing but more into the interface is greatly important. If your website is complicated and not easy to navigate the customer/user is more likely to click off. We have experts on user interface here at Digital Planet who more than happy to assist you if you need them.
- Content that focuses on the customer is very important and you need to remember at the end of the day the customer is the one who makes you money. Using other means such as social media is a great way to create a connection and learn about what your audience requires and are looking for.
- Is your website mobile-friendly? Everyone these days carries a mobile phone and having your website easily accessible is a great way to cater to all audiences who may not own a computer or laptop. Here at Digital Planet London we also have readily available professionals to help you create a mobile-friendly website.
- Having an SEO website is arguably the most important thing when planning and creating a website. So, what is SEO? SEO is search engine optimization that is used to increase the quality and quantity of traffic to a website. Here at Digital Planet London we proudly offer a service from experts that’ll guide you through all things SEO.
Are you wanting to learn more about what makes a good website? Contact us here at Digital Planet London where our experts are more than happy to assist and guide you.
+44 (0) 20 8617 9588 ( UK )