Having a connection with your audience is a great way to create loyalty, gain followers, and expand your reach. But why is it important to connect with your audience, and how to connect with your audience?
Here are some tips and tricks on how to create a positive connection with your audience:
- Learn your audience’s personas – Get to know them by-polls questionnaires and the interaction quality. What social media do they use the most? This can help hugely in the promotion stages. What content are they interested in? You can use this knowledge to your advantage.
- Talk to them, not at them – The benefit of talking to your audience is that you’ll gain your connection much quicker and more substantial. If you’re talking to them, your audience won’t feel valued and are less likely to engage in future posts. It can be easy to forget that you’re talking to other people, but it’s essential to pushing past that mentality as it can harm your business.
- Use the feedback – It’s easier to get the feedback than to act on it and deliver what is being asked. Please pay attention to what is being said and create a strategy on how to act upon it.
- Be consistent – Use all your platforms effectively by creating quality content shared at reasonable times. Having a schedule creates a bond with your audience, but it can also help yourself and your team out by having deadlines set. Consistency can also reflect a brand and business very well as it shows professionalism.
- Be authentic – Humanizing your brand can make your audience feel a real connection that robotic and un-aminated text can’t achieve. Personalization is great for customer and audience engagement.
How can I use the feedback effectively? Firstly you need to listen to what is being said. Secondly, you need to collect the data, organize it, and decide what will benefit you. Thirdly, be open-minded even if you don’t agree. Fourthly, clarify the answers if you’re unsure. Then you’re able to accept praise and understand your strengths much better. After you’ve absorbed all that information, you can use that knowledge to better yourself and the business.
What is the benefit of using feedback to improve performance?
Regular feedback increases motivation that can produce excellent outcomes alongside helping set goals to move towards improvement. Goals can be challenging to set if there’s no clear message and change that is being needed; however, a considerable change isn’t always necessary as sometimes it’s just the more minor things that need tweaking, which using feedback can allow you to identify.
How can I make a poll that collects feedback efficiently:
- Ask only one question at once – If you’re asking too much, it’ll complicate your results.
- If you’re planning to ask multiple questions, be sure to spread them out as it doesn’t spam the feed to look like questions only. A mix of content is key.
- Don’t be afraid to test your questions – Not every question might get a large response, but it’s okay to experiment with what your audience likes to interact with more.
Are you looking for more digital marketing tips and tricks? Digital Planet London is a digital marketing agency with experience in various sectors, including lead generation and social media marketing.
Contact us to learn more.
+44 (0) 20 8617 9588 ( UK )
+1 347 781 4934 ( USA )
+880 1712646776 ( BD )