With Christmas coming up sooner than later, it’s essential to have the best quality marketing possible to drive your sales.
Did you know that 38% of buyers start their holiday shop during October?
To help you with this, here at Digital Planet London, we have compiled some ideas and information to help you.
How can I increase sales this Christmas?
First, it’s important to define your goals and plan. Having your goals written down can help drive you. What are your ideal sale stats? Write them down, so they’re easier to reference at a later date.
How is your packaging? Switch up your usual with more festive packaging.
Is your website updated? Ensure your site updates all the new deals, promotions, and relevant contact information. During this season, there’ll be a lot of traffic to ensure you are available to answer any potential buyers’ questions.
Keep your most popular items stocked up – If you sell out and the word gets around, your potential buyers will start to look elsewhere for that product meaning you’ll lose out on a profit.
How’s your social media game? We have another blog article here on Digital Planet London that discusses the importance of Social Media Marketing. Check it out to learn more.
Here are some other ideas:
- Offer gift certificates – A gift certificate or gift card is always a safe bet for those who don’t know what gift to get for their loved ones.
- Run a promotion – Buy one get one free? Everyone loves a good deal!
- Offer gift wrapping – Some may not have time to wrap their gifts, and a gift-wrapping service could be a live saver!
- Pre-Christmas discounts
- Offer free delivery – Many people won’t bother to browse some sites if there’s no free delivery offered. Free delivery over a certain spend is a good way to go!
- Drive more sales through emails – An eye-catching email with relevant information and good deals will increase potential buyers.
- Create a sense of urgency
Gift Cards and Certificates
Encourage the purchase of Gift cards!
Gift cards are a trendy purchase coming close to the holiday season. A great thing about gift cards is that you can promote them even after Christmas and have them valued at various amounts.
You can offer the certificate as a physical product. You can also have e-gift cards that are becoming more popular.
Promotions and Pre-Christmas discounts
Offering promotions and discounts is a great way to increase your sales. For example, would you rather pay full price for one product or half the price for two products? Deals deals deals! Put yourself in your customer’s shoes. What would you like to see?
A gift-wrapping service is bound to increase the customer’s experience. Why wrap your gift when you can pay an extra amount and get it done? You can add your personalized message for another small extra to make it special.
Having free delivery gives the illusion of getting a better deal. Offering free delivery over a certain amount is even better! – It will make your customers buy more and increase your revenue.
Sales through emails
How can I increase my business’s sales through emails?
Key components of a good sales email:
- A popping subject line – If it doesn’t stand out, your email will likely be ignored. Engage your audience at first glance.
- Suitable opening lines – You don’t need to use sir/madame! Think about who you’re addressing in your email. Are you on a first-name basis?
- Delivering your pitch – Are you conveying the information needed in your email? What is the aim of this email? Don’t drag but keep the content interesting and informative.
- Closing statement – Have you achieved what you intended to with your email? If your potential buyer has been left with thoughts of your business and your product, you’re on the right path.
Creating a sense of urgency
Ideas on how to create a sense of urgency:
- Make it personal
- Offer something the people want
- Use FOMO (fear of missing out)
- Set a deadline or countdown
- Use the right words – Such as now, limited time, clearance, hurry, and don’t miss out.
- Bonus incentives
- Use numbers and statistics
- Keep the pressure until the very end
Overall these ideas and methods will help you pump out more sales during this holiday period. A little bit of everything goes a long way. These tips are also very helpful outside of the holidays.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please get in touch with Digital Planet London, where we are happy to help. We offer various services such as email marketing, social media marketing, and search engine optimization – Check us out.
Stay safe, have fun, and enjoy.