Are you looking to learn how to make a great portfolio to display all your skills and passion? This article will give you all the tips and tricks for creating an inspiring digital marketing portfolio.
- Be thoughtful in deciding what content you want to display – Refrain from putting every single piece you’ve created into one document as it can shadow pieces that really show your talent. Take some time to pick out some pieces that you feel really display your skills and passion. Pick something that reflects your progress from the start to your current position.
- Use only your strongest pieces
- Show your creative and unique work to make your portfolio stand out.
- Show a variety.
- Go for quality of content, not quantity – Too much will be overkill but too little will show that you aren’t that experienced or that you’re lacking drive and passion which is something you definitely don’t want to be displaying.
- Physical or online? When creating a portfolio some people and places might ask for a physical one as well so be prepared for that however an online portfolio is a great start and many accept solely digital ones anyway.
- High quality and high-resolution content is your best friend. If the viewer can’t see that content properly and the way it was meant to be displayed how can they understand the meanings and everything behind it?
- Keep it current – Updated content that stays connected to the current time.
- Make it flow – When it all flows it looks crisp and is more appealing to the eye. If it looks too jumbled it may put people off wanting to learn more.
- Keep your content interesting.
- Displaying non-client work is good too! Showing your extended passion through side jobs and side pieces is a great addition to your portfolio.
- Don’t be afraid to ask others for their opinions on what you have on your portfolio as another eye can see what your own eyes are blind to.
- Don’t be scared to review, edit and try again. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither will your portfolio, and a great one will take time and a lot of understanding.
Looking for more in-detailed tips and advice? Contact our professionals at Digital Planet London where we’re more than happy to help you create a portfolio that represents you and your work.
+44 (0) 20 8617 9588 ( UK )
+1 347 781 4934 ( USA )
+880 1712646776 ( BD )